Outdoor furniture covers extend the life of your patio furniture by protecting it from the beating sun and harsh rains. That means you can enjoy more barbeques and time lounging by the pool without having to invest in new furniture. We’ve put together a few tips and tricks to make sure you are getting the most out of your covers.pharetra nec turpis sed, malesuada vulputate tortor.
How to Prevent Covers from Flying off or Ballooning on a Windy Day
Even if your furniture cover is a perfect fit, it can still blow off or hit against your patio furniture in severe gusts of wind. This could cause your furniture to get scratched or left to the mercy of the elements.
The solution to this problem? Cover clamps! Clamps secure covers, keeping furniture covered in harsh conditions. You may think that using rocks or furniture weights are an effective way to keep your covers from blowing away. However, these items are not designed to work with your furniture covers without damaging them.
Cover clamps are specifically designed to keep covers secure. Coverstore’s high-quality outdoor furniture covers are designed to stay put through all weather conditions. However, we understand that sometimes you just need a little more piece of mind, and our cover clamps will give you the extra security you are looking for.
How to Use Cover Clamps on Your Outdoor Furniture Cover
Slip the clamps on after you place the cover on the furniture, especially if wind or rain are in the forecast. The Gust Guard™ system uses a combination of bungee cords and clamps to keep furniture covers secure.
Follow these instructions to secure your furniture cover:
- Place the cover over the piece of furniture and secure any buckle straps or drawcords.
- Unlock the clamp by pressing on the center lever and sliding the crossbar towards the hook insert.
- Secure the clamps to the opposite sides of the cover bottom. Place the clamp’s teeth over the cover’s hem. Slide the cross bar towards the teeth until the clamp locks in place.
- Place a bungee cord behind the front wheel or leg of the piece of furniture. Attach the hook through the insert of the left front and right front clamps.
- Place the second bungee cord behind the rear wheel or leg of the piece of furniture. Attach the hook through the insert of the clamps in the left-rear and right-rear.